QUADRUPLE YOUR REVENUE —
JUST BY ENGAGING YOUR MEDICAL STAFF
Get started today with your
free copy of my new book
THE QUADRUPLE AIM SOLUTION
Many people make the mistake of confusing
“employee engagement” with trying to make workers satisfied, or
even happy. This is unfortunate because
this confusion causes healthcare leaders to underinvest
their time and money in engagement initiatives,
thinking engagement is a “nice to have” rather than an enabler of
their most important goals.
The ROI of Hospital Engagement
Forbes Magazine, Feb. 2015
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT HAS THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON:
● Your medical facility’s ROI
● Patient Satisfaction
● Employee Satisfaction
● Patient Mortality Rates
What is employee engagement?
Employee engagement is the extent to which employees feel passionate about
their jobs, are committed to the organization, and put discretionary effort
into their work.
What does an engaged medical employee act like?
● Always remembers to wash his hands.
● Notices the yellow “fall risk” bracelet of a patient and escorts her
back to her bed.
● Finishes her paperwork even after her shift has ended.
● Comforts grieving family members.
● Turns down the volume of the monitoring equipment so his patient can
get a good night’s sleep.
● Looks her patient in the eye and calls him by his name.
● Makes fewer mistakes in medication dispensing.
● Delivers meals to patients while they’re still hot.
● Knows her employees’ names as well as what’s important to them.
What are the results of having engaged medical employees?
● Higher retention and less absenteeism.
● Feelings of value and appreciation.
● Increased job performance.
● Focus on patient care and safety.
ENGAGED EMPLOYEES EQUAL
Are you ready to bring the
“care” back into health care?
SCHEDULE A FREE
WITH DARLENE DAS NOW.